Originally forged in the brooding isolation of winter, Voices 2 emphasizes the more cynical and aggressive sides
of Tom Rogers. Incorporating a wide array of elements from nu metal, dubstep, spoken word, and more the mixtape features several mashups by Tom as well as live performance aspects. A known fan of stuttering and glitching effects,
Tom’s vocal edit of “Give Me a Reason” features hardcore screams chopped and twisted for a warped feel. Mashups
including spoken word by Corey Taylor of Slipknot as well as the technological prowess of granular synthesis guru
BT cross with eclectic strings and screeching vowel basslines to create a dark yet introspective
sound he describes as “Punk Trance.”
This high energy set will have you dancing all night wether you are ready to head out or just sitting in with some work to do. We here at Undrgrnd Sound are excited to see the progress Tom has shown since Voices. Tom Rogers take you on an emotional journey with his track selection and mixing ability, it is a breath of fresh air and originality in todays mainstream scene. His mashup & editing abilities only enhance the tracks he touches and with originals on the way in 2013 NYC Trance scene will have no escape from Tom Rogers!
1. Too Many Artists – Omega Change (Tom Rogers Intro Mashup)
2. Judge Jules & Corderoy – Give Me a Reason (Tom Rogers Vocal Edit)
3. Rick Mitchells & Bas van Essen – Raptor
4. Too Many Artists – iRok Virtual Monsters (Tom Rogers Mashup)
5. Zedd vs. Blake Jarrell – Breaking Dubai (Filo & Peri Mashup)
6. Tom Fall & Heikki L ft. Ben Andreas – Ordinary World
7. Too Many Artists – Sun & Crush Moment (Tom Rogers Mashup)
The mixtape is available online(soundcloud) for no cost, and provides a e-mail to send requests for a physical CD.